Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Face tattoos

I have nothing against tattoos or the people who have them. Really. But I do have to question someone’s intellect or blood alcohol content when they put their face under the needle (and I’m not talking about Botox).

A face tattoo doesn’t read “cool,” “edgy,” or “intimidating.” Nope. You know an inked-up face is really saying? “Unemployable.” Unless you’re a Maori warrior or Mike Tyson (who can pretty much do whatever he wants to his mug), a facial tat indicates that you’re independently wealthy and don’t need a job…or that you really, really, really like checkers.

(photo: findtattoodesigns.com)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it'll be especially lovely in another 20 years or so, when it fades and blurs and sags. Probably less 'checkerboard' and more 'Escher.'

Jennifer Worick said...

Ha! Or melting Salvadore Dali.

Anonymous said...

Okay, the Dali remark just made me lose an entire mouthful of Italian espresso all over my shirt. Thanks for that. ;)

Scott McElhinnie said...

Looking closely at his eyes I think his blood alcohol content is quite evident!

Becky Boutch said...

I buy things from a company that does most of their business via the internet, but since their warehouse is local to me, I go in to pick up my orders. The first time I went I was slightly surprised to see that most of the employees are heavily pierced, branded, face tattooed, etc. Makes sense, since most of their customers never see them. I wonder what they would think if they did...

Zazzu said...

Seriously, is that really permanent tattoo ink on that guy's face? If so, why oh WHY didn't he just get a temporary tattoo job and take a lot of pictures?

I saw a young man with a nail piercing in his cheek. That must have REALLY hurt when he had it done.